Once the weather starts to warm up, there’s only one thing I can think about: ice cream. Lately, it’s been this no-churn Apple Butter Ice Cream with Chocolate Cinnamon Ganache.
No churn ice cream is one of my favorite easy cheats. With only two main ingredients and a few hours of freezing time, you have a quick and easy dessert with hardly any work. And incorporating Musselman’s Apple Butter is the perfect way to add in the flavors of apples and cinnamon without having to slice and dice.
I almost always have a jar of apple butter hanging out in my fridge – it’s one of Doodle’s favorite bread-spreads; he chooses it nine times out of ten over jams or jellies. If we’re being honest, I do, too.
Just mix a can of sweetened condensed milk with heavy cream until it’s thick, and add in a bit of vanilla. Pour it into a freezer safe container, and swirl some apple butter throughout.
Freeze for about four hours, then EAT.
If you want to be really naughty, top it with some chocolate cinnamon ganache. To make the ganache, you’ll simply melt 1 cup of chocolate, then add in some heavy cream and a bit of cinnamon. Super easy, super quick, and super awesome.
Also awesome? Gorgeous spring flowers.
I received this bouquet from FTD Flowers last weekend, and as I’m writing this post Wednesday evening, they’re still gorgeous and vibrant. Sending a spring arrangement like this to grandma or mom for Easter or Mother’s Day, and you’ll be sure to brighten her day. And right now, FTD is offering my readers $10 off select spring arrangements. You can click here to find out more.
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup Musselman's Apple Butter
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine cream and sweetened condensed milk in a large bowl and beat until thick and creamy, and soft peaks form. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour half of the cream mixture into a freezer safe container or a loaf pan. Top with half of the apple butter. Using a knife, swirl the apple butter into the cream. Repeat with the remaining half of the cream and apple butter. Cover and refrigerate until solid, about 4 hours.
- Melt one cup chocolate in a double-boiler or in a microwave safe bowl until smooth. Remove from heat and whisk in the heavy cream and cinnamon.
Disclaimer: this post was sponsored by Musselman’s Apple Butter, but all opinions are 100% mine.