The slight sweetness of apple butter combines perfectly with the saltiness of prosciutto in this Apple Butter Pizza with Prosciutto and Arugula. It’s our new favorite for pizza night!
So I get it. You might be saying apple butter? On pizza? That’s pretty much what the Tall Boy said, too. And then he tried this. And let me tell you, Apple Butter Pizza with Prosciutto and Arugula = a good thing. A really really good thing.
So good, in fact, we’ve had it twice in the last week.
I almost always have a jar of apple butter hanging out in my fridge, since my 6-year old loves to slather it on toast and bagels (and, I might have been known to eat some right off the spoon, but that’s just between you and me, okay?). I also love using it in appetizers , for sandwiches, and for breakfast, but today we’re talking about pizza.
For this recipe, I used my homemade whole wheat pizza dough. Personally, I love the nuttiness of the whole-wheat dough paired with the sweet apple butter. That said, the apple butter wasn’t nearly as sweet on this as I had anticipated. There was definitely a hint of sweetness, but paired with the smokiness of the proscuitto and the peppery arugula, it was simply perfect.
The pizza that is absolutely, unequivocally the best pizza I’ve ever eaten. Well, until the next time I made a homemade pizza, because I’m fickle that way.
- one whole wheat pizza crust (homemade or store-bought)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup Musselman's Apple Butter
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced super thin
- 6 ounces prosciutto
- 1 bunch fresh arugula
- ½ cups shaved Parmesan or Asiago cheese
- Preheat oven to 500.
- Drizzle dough with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt. Spread apple butter all over the dough and again, sprinkle with salt.
- Lay mozzarella slices over the top of the dough. Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper. Bake for 8 to 12 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and lay prosciutto over the hot pizza. Right before serving, sprinkle on arugula and Parmesan/Asiago cheese.
And guess what? I get to give one of YOU a really awesome prize pack from Musselman’s. It includes a jar of Musselman’s Apple Butter, a Grillware Pizza Tray and a recipe card for Caramelized Onion Bacon Pizza.
How to enter:
Enter via the Rafflecopter form below. Sometimes the form takes a few minutes to load. You will need to login to the Rafflecopter form using your email address. Be sure to use an email address you check often, as that is how you will be notified if you win.
You must be 18 years or older to enter. Giveaway runs through February 3, 2014. Winner will be notified via email within 48 hours of the end of the giveaway and has 48 hours to respond to said email or a new winner will be chosen.
Good luck, and thanks for entering!
Looking for more apple butter recipes? You can download this apple butter recipe e-book from Musselman’s here: http://bit.ly/1iW37l1.
Disclaimer: this post was sponsored by Musselman’s Apple Butter, but all opinions are 100% mine.