White chocolate, cream cheese, and pie filling are the perfect combination in these easy to make Apple Cranberry Cheesecake Bars.
We don’t turn down any kind of cheesecake at my house. In fact, it’s one of the only desserts the Tall Boy ever requests and/or eats more than one serving of. But quite honestly, I don’t make cheesecake that often because it tends to be fairly time-consuming and I don’t always possess the amount of baking patience that I should.
But a cheesecake bar? Now that I can handle.
Especially a cheesecake bar that also uses a can of pie filling – a can of apple cranberry pie filling, at that!
I got a little giddy when I was at the grocery store this weekend and spotted bags and bags of cranberries – I picked up two bags and I’ve already used ’em both. I’m kind of crazy over cranberries – anyone else??
Any flavor of pie filling would work in these cheesecake bars, but I loved that this pie filling from Lucky Leaf combined two of my favorite fall flavors in one!
What’s your favorite flavor of pie filling?
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups oats (I used old-fashioned, but quick oats will also work)
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups (12 ounces) white chocolate chips
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (21-ounce) can Lucky Leaf Apple Cranberry Pie Filling
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats and brown sugar. Cut butter into chunks and add to flour mixture, cutting in with a pastry blender or forks until the mixture is crumbly. Stir in the white chocolate chips. Measure out 2½ cups of the mixture and set aside.
- Press the remaining mixture into the bottom of your baking pan, pressing firmly with floured fingers.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese until creamy. Add the sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, and vanilla extract and mix until smooth. Pour over the crust.
- Spoon pie filling over the cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle the reserved flour mixture on top.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cover; and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Interested in winning your own fall baking kit from Lucky Leaf? You’ll get a can of Lucky Leaf pie filling, a recipe card, a ceramic pie bird and two pie slice boxes and forks. It’s the perfect way to kick off your holiday baking!
How to enter:
Enter via the Rafflecopter form below. Sometimes the form takes a few minutes to load. You will need to login to the Rafflecopter form using your email address. Be sure to use an email address you check often, as that is how you will be notified if you win.
Open to U.S. residents only. You must be 18 years or older to enter. Giveaway runs through November 17, 2013. Winner will be notified via email within 48 hours of the end of the giveaway and has 48 hours to respond to said email or a new winner will be chosen.
Enter your best original recipe using Lucky Leaf® Pie Filling for a chance to win one of 13 great prizes, including the $2,500 grand prize! Submit your recipe through December 2nd and qualified recipes will be on display in the recipe gallery on the Lucky Leaf Facebook page starting on December 3rd. Check out the official contest rules and more details at Lucky Leaf.
Lucky Leaf provided me with product to facilitate my review. All opinions are my own.