Asian Chicken Sandwiches
I’ll bet you’ll never guess the secret ingredient in these Asian Chicken Sandwiches.
Well, maybe you will, but I was surprised when I saw apple butter in the ingredient list.
We’re in love with apple butter at my house. I personally love smearing it on a warm biscuit, but Doodle has been eating it slathered on top of waffles nearly every morning before school. Believe me, getting this kid to eat is a challenge, so when we find something that works, we stick with it.
Right now he’s obsessed with apple butter, and personally, I think he has pretty good taste. 🙂
We loved using apple butter in this fun twist on Asian Chicken. Even better, this recipe uses only a handful of ingredients, and takes just a few minutes to get going in your crock pot. Perfect for busy days, or those times when you don’t feel much like cooking.
- 1 cup Musselman’s Apple Butter
- ¼ small onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon five spice seasoning
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 hamburger buns or 8 slider rolls
- shredded cabbage, chopped green onion, and pickled jalapeno for serving, if desired
- Combine ingredients, through the five-spice seasoning, in your slow cooker. Mix well, and place chicken breasts on top, turning to coat.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours. Shred the chicken with a fork or a large wooden spoon, stirring to evenly coat the chicken with the sauce. Turn your low cooker to warm and let the shredded chicken stand for 15 minutes to absorb the sauce.
- Serve the chicken on rolls or buns, and top with shredded cabbage, green onions and/or pickled jalapenos.
If you’re looking for other ways to use apple butter for your fall baking needs, make sure to check out Musselman’s new Apple Butter e-recipe book: www.musselmans.com/recipebook
Want to win some Musselman’s Apple Butter to use in your own fall baking/cooking? Then you’re in luck – just enter via the Rafflecopter form below for your chance to win a jar of Musselman’s Apple Butter, a recipe card, and four decorative mini loaf pans to bake and share:
Please give it a few seconds to load; sometimes Rafflecopter gets bogged down.
Open to U.S. residents only. Giveaway runs until October 14 and a winner will be notified by email. You must respond to this email within 48 hours or a new winner will be chosen. Good luck!
While I did receive product to facilitate this post, I was not otherwise compensated. All opinions are 100% mine.
DON’T MISS A MEAL! RECIPES RIGHT TO YOUR INBOX!
Interestingly enough, I didn’t grow up with an interest in cooking. In fact, I informed my mother on multiple occasions that I was not getting an advanced education so I could spend my evenings preparing meals.
Grab My Cookbook!