Banana Rolo Ravioli
So, I’m learning as a mom that the easier, the better.
Take these little “ravioli,” for instance. They take five ingredients, 10 minutes in the oven, and won me super-mom status.
Also? I’m not above bribery. When I made these a few weeks ago, the local schools had been closed for inclement weather four days in a row. While I’m lucky enough to get to work from home three days a week, it’s difficult to do with a 5-year old at home. So these quick and easy desserts were a special little lunchtime treat for quiet behavior while mom was working.
I found the recipe in a little Pampered Chef booklet I’ve had for years, and Doodle and I threw these together in under five minutes flat. We stuffed Pillsbury reduced-fat crescent rolls with sliced bananas and Rolo mini’s candies, and sprinkled them with a bit of sugar. After they came out of the oven, we drizzled these little chocolate-caramel-banana treats with caramel sauce and a scoop of ice cream.
Then we gobbled ’em up like nobody’s business.
- 2 medium bananas, sliced into 24¼-inch thick pieces
- 24 Rolos minis, cut in half
- 2 (8-ounce) packages of refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ⅓ cup caramel sauce
- vanilla ice cream for serving, if desired
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with a Silpat or parchment paper.
- Unroll one can of your crescent dough onto your baking sheet, and firmly pinch the seams together. Gently shape it to form a rectangle, but do not stretch it out - it will not cover the entirety of your baking sheet.
- Arrange your banana slices over the dough in four rows of six - placing bananas about ¾ inch apart. Top each banana slice with 2 Rolo halves. Unroll your second can of crescent dough, and place it over the top of the filling. Press firmly around the filling to seal and pinch the seams together.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut sealed crescent dough into 24-squares. I used the tines of a fork to seal the edges together firmly. Sprinkle with sugar and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until just golden brown.
- Remove from baking sheet and allow to cool a few minutes on a wire wrack. To serve, drizzle with caramel sauce and top with vanilla ice cream.
10 EASY SLOW COOKER MEALS RECIPE BOOK
Interestingly enough, I didn’t grow up with an interest in cooking. In fact, I informed my mother on multiple occasions that I was not getting an advanced education so I could spend my evenings preparing meals.
Grab My Cookbook!