Last week we went to a kindergarten pre-enrollment meeting. Seriously, before this year, I had no idea school enrollment was such a big to-do. When I was a kid, my mom and I basically walked into the school office during “enrollment week” and the entire process was over in five minutes. I’ll spare you the details about how I’d talk my mom into taking me to enroll the very first moment possible, so I could find out who my teacher was going to be and if my girlfriends would be in my same class. And how we’d call around to our boy-crushes to find out what teacher they had, giggle, and act ridiculous.
I’m not going to lie, I was pretty much a school nerd.
Now, there are multiple pre-enrollment meetings. These are totally separate from the online pre-enrollment forms–and those must be completed prior to actual enrollment. Also, actual enrollment day is apparantly akin to Black Friday. To get the “good spots,” you’re encouraged to come early, presumably to arm wrestle or do special karate moves or whatever it takes to get well-positioned at the front of the line.
If I’m going to stand in line at the crack of dawn, I’d better be getting Adele tickets or a killer deal on a flat-screen television.
Anyway, since I’m not particularly athletic and have zero upper-arm strength, I thought I could package up some little goodie bags of this popcorn and hand them out while in line, all casual-like. Then make a dart for the front while everyone else is busy eating.
What? It could work. Either that, or I’ll just be well-prepared with snacks while I am waiting.
- 8 cups popped popcorn, 1/2 cup unpopped kernels
- 3 cups carrot cake crumbs (about 1/4 of a 9x13 cake), or these cookies
- 20 oz almond bark
- 1/3 cup chopped dried pineapple
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Pop the popcorn and pour into a large bowl. Add pineapple, raisins and coconut.
- Melt your almond bark according to package directions, and pour over the popcorn. Sir to coat completely.
- Pour the popcorn onto a waxed paper lined jelly roll pan and sprinkle with your cake crumbs.
- Let dry completely before eating.
I’m linked up at these great parties this week: Crazy Sweet Tuesdays, Trick or Treat Tuesdays, Tasty Tuesdays, Totally Tasty Tuesdays, Cast Party Wednesday, Sweet Treats Thursday, Mrs. Fox’s Sweets, Kitchen Fun with My 3 Sons, Itsy Bitsy Paper, Crumbs and Chaos, I’m Lovin’ It Fridays, and Weekend Potluck!