Chicken-Bacon Alfredo Pizza Rolls make a quick and easy dinner any night of the week – and it’s one that kids and adults alike will gobble up!
Can I tell you about my Tuesday night? It was one of those days, if you know what I mean. You know, one of those days when nothing goes as planned.
I was attempting to photograph my Apple Butter Ice Cream in the short window of time I had between work and no remaining natural light. Simultaneously, I was melting some chocolate for a snacky recipe I’m hoping to share next week, and trying to finish dinner prep.
First, the ice cream melts into a soupy mess before I get any good shots.
While I was fooling with the ice cream, I lost track of the chocolate. I left it over the heat for too long and it completely seized up. If there’s one thing I hate, it’s wasting good chocolate.
And to cap off my good luck, when I checked my crock pot, the liquid had all completely evaporated, leaving my beef roast a tough, dried up disaster.
Fortunately, I was at least able to salvage meal time by using a can of Pillsbury pizza dough to make these Chicken-Bacon Alfredo Pizza Rolls.
I almost always have pre-cooked/shredded chicken hanging out in my fridge, so I filled my rolls with a little of that, some pre-cooked Hormel bacon (one of my new faves – we’ve been buying it in bulk at our local Sam’s Club), and some mozzarella cheese – and served them with a side of Alfredo sauce for dipping.
Doodle loved them!
I’ll be honest, the true taste-test around our house is whether or not it’s kid-approved. If the photo below (totally not posed, Doodle stuck his hands in the picture while I was still trying to photograph) gives you any indication, he really, really liked them!
- 1 roll refrigerated Pillsbury pizza dough
- 3/4 cup cooked chicken, shredded
- 5 slices Hormel bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Alfredo sauce
- Preheat oven to the heat specified on your pizza dough package. Unroll the dough and, using a pizza cutter, slice the dough into 15 squares.
- Sprinkle each square with chicken, bacon and cheese - don't overfill or you'll have a hard time rolling up your dough. Carefully fold up the corners of the pizza squares and pinch to make sure each ball is sealed shut. Place the rolls seam-side down in a lightly greased pie pan.
- Brush the tops of the rolls with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and then sprinkle with the garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and Parmesan cheese.
- Place pan into preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the tops of the rolls are golden brown.
- Serve with warmed Alfredo sauce for dipping.