Meet our new favorite weeknight sandwich: this Savory Garlic and Cheddar Chicken Panini. It’s ready in just minutes, and uses some of my favorite Mezzetta products!
I don’t know about you, but our summer has been crazy.
We’ve spent practically no time at home, and cooking has been waaaaay down on my list of priorities. Sort of a weird thing for a food blogger, but even a person who lives for eating gets tired of cooking every now and then.
Also, with nearly no time between work and baseball games, swimming lessons, karate classes…well, there’s just not much time for gourmet food preparation around here. Quick sandwiches have sort of been our staple dinner lately.
But with sandwiches like this Savory Garlic and Cheddar Chicken Panini, I’m totally okay with a fancied-up grilled cheese for dinner.
Now, I call this sandwich a panini, but we don’t own a panini press…I used my George Foreman grill to make these, but you could just as easily use a griddle or a pan on the stove. You just need something to melt all of this cheesy, garlicky goodness together!
And with a few easy to use Mezzetta products, these sandwiches came together in no time. The kind folks at Mezzetta sent me a few jars of their products to make our sandwich-making easy. You can find any of these products in your local grocery store in the condiment aisle.
I decided to start with chicken and cheddar cheese, simply because that’s what Doodle usually requests on his sandwiches. But when I saw Mezzetta’s Savory Garlic Everything Spread, I knew that’s just what these sandwiches needed for a little extra pizzazz. Added with some Mezzetta sun-ripened dried tomatoes and fresh spinach, these quick and easy sandwiches were a hit at my dinner table!
I had fun creating this easy and tasty family-friendly sandwich, and you should try creating one of your own as well. Because Mezzetta is hosting a “Make That Sandwich” contest – and the prize is $25,000! So grab your favorite Mezzetta products and get busy in the kitchen! Make sure to include at least two different Mezzetta products in your recipe – you can get all of the contest details here.
- 4 slices thick sourdough or french bread
- 2 tablespoons Mezzetta Savory Garlic Everything Spread
- 3 tablespoons Mezzetta Julienne Cut Sun-Ripened Tomatoes
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded chicken, cooked
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- In a small bowl, combine shredded cheddar cheese and the Mezzetta Savory Garlic Everything Spread and Julienne Cut Sun-Ripened Tomatoes. Spread the mixture on 2 slices of the bread.
- Assemble 2 sandwiches, spread side in, topping with chicken and spinach leave. Toast sandwiches in a panini press or indoor grill.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Mezzetta. The opinions and text are all mine.