We love chocolate chunk muffins on the weekend. Or on a Monday, whatever.
The cool thing about these is that I made them with Chobani Vanilla Chocolate Chunk greek yogurt. Um? Heaven.
I went for a loooooooog time before I made the switch to greek yogurt. I’m not sure why. I guess I was comfy in my yogurt eating ways, and I’m basically a creature of habit. Now? I can’t stop with Chobani. And folks, they’re not paying me to say this.
Seriously, I get my container out of the refrigerator and Doodle swipes it right out of my hands, spoon and all. Wrestling with your 5-year old over a carton of yogurt seems a little embarrassing. But we do love it around here.
Don’t believe that I can’t stop eating/cooking with/baking with yogurt? I even put it in my dinner last week.
I highly recommend it.
Make sure to read the recipe instructions all the way through before beginning these muffins. Sally’s best-ever muffin tip directs you to begin baking your muffins at 425 degrees – baking for just 5 minutes. Then, lower your oven temperature to 375 degrees for the remainder of your baking time.
I used the same tip in my bakery-style banana muffins with awesome results.
- 1 1/4 c Chobani Vanilla Chocolate Chunk Greek Yogurt
- 2 1/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, optional
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 425. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together brown sugar, Chobani, oil, eggs and vanilla. Add dry mixture to Chobani mixture and stir until nearly combined. If desired, gently fold in 1/4 cup of the chocolate chips. Evenly divide batter among muffins cup--fill them all the way to the top!
- Sprinkle tops of muffins with coarse sugar and the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425, and then reduce your oven temperature to 375. Bake for an additional 10 to 12 minutes, or until the center of the muffins resist light pressure.
recipe adapted from Chobani