If you’re looking for a decadent, impressive dessert for your holiday table, this Chocolate Fudge Bundt Cake with Peppermint Mocha Glaze is it!
Let’s talk about coffee for a minute, shall we? I’m of the “Don’t talk to me until I’ve had at least one cup of coffee, preferably two” camp. I don’t function
well at all in the mornings without my cup of joe, despite the fact that I’m up no later than 6:30 am, even on the weekends.
What’s up with that??
And while I prefer my coffee straight-up black, thankyouverymuch, the holidays are the exception. Once those limited edition holiday-flavored creamers hit the dairy case, I’m all over it. I mean, really–have you seen Coffee-mate’s seasonal flavors?
- Dark Chocolate Fudge — Rich, dark and indulgent like only chocolate fudge can be. Enjoy a cup of coffee that’s every chocolate lover’s dream come true.
- Peppermint Mocha — Enjoy one of the season’s most popular flavors! Let the comfort of crisp peppermint and chocolatey mocha warm you up this holiday season.
- Eggnog Latte — What would the holidays be without the flavor of Eggnog? Invite over some guests and prepare a holiday flavored latte for everyone on your list.
Come to mama.
And even if you’re not a coffee drinker, you should totally get your hands on some of these creamers, if only to make this bundt cake. Holy chocolate yumminess! This cake baked up dark and rich – just like a chocolate cake should.
Adding the dark chocolate fudge creamer to the batter was key to a extra-chocolaty taste, and just an all-around good decision.
You could certainly add the dark chocolate fudge creamer to the glaze, but the holidays just scream peppermint to me, so I used the peppermint mocha flavor instead. And adding some crushed peppermint to the top of the cake was a quick and easy garnish. And so pretty, too!
The seasonal flavors are only available through December, so make sure to get them while you can – and then hurry and make this cake!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1¼ cups granulated sugar
- ¾ cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Fudge Flavor NESTLÉ COFFEE-MATE Liquid Coffee Creamer
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons Coffee-Mate Peppermint-Mocha Creamer
- 2 candy canes, crushed, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray 10-inch (12-cup volume) bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the flour, sugar, baking cocoa, baking powder, instant coffee, baking soda and salt. Beat on low speed to combine.
- Add the creamer, oil and eggs to the flour mixture and then beat until combined. Reduce speed to low and gradually add water. Once incorporated, beat on high speed for about 2 minutes. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cake comes out almost clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes; then invert onto wire rack to cool completely. Drizzle with glaze and garnish with crushed peppermint, if desired.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Whisk in powdered sugar, cocoa and creamer until smooth. Drizzle over cake.
Want to win a really awesome prize pack from Coffee-Mate?? (hint: you do)
It’s easy-peasy, and you have the chance to win some really fabulous stuff, including:
3 full value Coffee-mate product coupons
1 set of Coffee-mate recipe cards
1 French press
4 glass coffee mugs
1 seasonally scented candle
How to enter:
Enter via the Promosimple form below. Sometimes the form takes a few minutes to load. You will need to login to the Promosimple form using either Facebook or your email address. Be sure to use an email address you check often, as that is how you will be notified if you win.
Fine Print: Open to U.S. residents only. You must be 18 years or older to enter. Giveaway runs through November 8, 2013. Winner will be notified via email within 48 hours of the end of the giveaway and has 48 hours to respond to said email or a new winner will be chosen.
I was selected for this opportunity by Clever Girls Collective, however all content and opinions expressed here are my own.