There’s no need to hit the bakery when you can make these Chocolate Mocha Frosted Donuts at home in just minutes. Use International Delight Sweet and Creamy Light Mocha Iced Coffee to make the the chocolaty-glaze that takes these baked chocolate donuts up a notch!
So, summer is officially over for us here.
Don’t get me wrong, it’s still in the 90’s (ugh) and we’re hitting the pool this weekend, but it was back to school for us this week. While I’ve been crying into my morning coffee, Doodle is pretty pleased with his new second-grader status:
So, to cheer myself up and to make a special back-to-school breakfast, we made donuts. Specifically, these Chocolate Mocha Frosted Baked Donuts. So good, so easy, so chocolaty…and not as heavy on the calorie-count as those from the donut shop.
Especially not when you use International Delight Light Mocha Iced Coffee in the glaze.
But I’ll be honest, when I “sampled” this iced coffee prior to making the donuts, I just about sampled my way to an empty carton.
Anyone who knows me knows my love of coffee, so when I had the opportunity to create a summer treat with International Delight’s iced coffees…well, I was pretty much in coffee-flavored baked goods heaven.
Have you tried these iced coffees yet? My parents – coffee lovers like me, but not ones to drink iced coffees – raved over this drink when they happened to stop by over the weekend during this photo shoot.
For this recipe, I used my trusty donut pan – if you don’t have one of these bad boys, I highly recommend getting one. It really only takes a few minutes to mix up your own donut batter, and you can a better-for-you version of bakery style donuts right at home.
Get in my face.
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup light brown sugar (packed)
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¼ cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons International Delight Mocha Iced Coffee
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- sprinkles, if desired
- Preheat oven to 325. Spray a donut pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- Whisk together buttermilk, egg, melted butter and vanilla in a small bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry together and stir together until well-combined. The batter will be fairly thick - I used a spoon to portion the batter into the donut pan cavities, filling each one about two-thirds full.
- Bake for 11 to 14 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. All donuts to cool in pan for approximately 5 minutes and then invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Whisk together powdered sugar, mocha iced coffee, cocoa powder and vanilla in a medium bowl. If the glaze is too thick, add more iced coffee until desired consistency is reached.
- Dip donuts into the glaze (I dipped mine twice), shake off the excess, and cover in rainbow sprinkles.
Do you love iced coffee as much as I do? Then be sure to head over to International Delight’s Facebook page to enter to win one of 100 tumblers given away weekly through the end of the month!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.