These Chocolate Salted Caramel Muddy Buddies got me a “thumbs-up” around my house over the weekend.
I live with a pretty tough dessert crowd. The Tall Boy doesn’t like desserts at all, and Doodle only likes to eat frosting off of brownies like these. Writing a food blog means I make lots of goodies – and I think its become so expected that I have some sort of dessert item sitting on the counter at any given time, that no one really gets that excited when I make some new sweet.
But really, who can resist muddy buddies? You can see that Doodle had a very difficult time keeping his hand out of the bowl during my photo shoot. If we’re being honest, I did, too.
The thing I love most about muddy buddies is that you can change ‘em up to make almost any flavor combination that you want. Since I’m into salted caramel right now, that’s the path I chose when I decided we needed a snackable treat around the house over the weekend.
Another thing I love about muddy buddies? They take only about 10 minutes to make.
What I hate about muddy buddies? I can’t.stop.eating.them.
- 7 cups Chocolate Chex cereal
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 1 bag (8.5 ounces) Dove Promises Sea Salt Caramel and Dark Chocolate candies
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Place cereal pieces in a large bowl and set aside.
- Unwrap chocolate candies and place them in a heavy bottomed saucepan. Add butter to saucepan, and melt over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Once the chocolate is completely melted, remove from heat and pour it over your cereal, folding gently to evenly coat. Sprinkle with powdered sugar to coat cereal pieces, stirring and folding until all pieces are covered.