This was not my planned post for today.
But last week, I was
totally wasting time on the internet and Pinterest doing important research on St. Patrick’s Day and related food-stuff, and I stumbled onto a recipe for homemade Bailey’s.
Yep, you heard me. Homemade. Bailey’s. As in Irish Cream. As in, be still my heart.
I was completely intrigued, which meant that I had to make it the very next day. You know, for research purposes. You know how I feel about homemade stuff–like eggnog, tortillas, summer sausage–typically you can’t go wrong with homemade anything, but I couldn’t imagine how this would turn out. I figured it would be okay, maybe even good. But fabulous? I couldn’t see it. Feeling like you’re swimming in a creamy chocolate heaven? No way.
So I dumped the ingredients into the blender, and literally thirty seconds later, I had the absolute best Bailey’s I’ve ever tasted. Ever.
If you like Bailey’s, you must make this right away.
I promise, you’ll thank me for it later.
And while you’re at it, use it to make this, would you? And then invite me over.
from Cupcake Project
the recipe indicates this will keep, refrigerated, for up to two months.
- 1 cup heavy cream (I used half-and-half, which worked just fine)
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 2/3 cup Irish whiskey
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons Hershey's chocolate syrup (I used extra dark)
- 1 t vanilla
- Blend all ingredients at high speed for 30 seconds.
- Refrigerate in a tightly sealed container. Shake before using.