I decided not to buy any Girl Scout Cookies this year because I’m trying to cut back on sweets.
So instead, I bought a package of Keebler Grasshopper cookies, and added melted Andes baking chips, cream cheese, and melted candy coating.
Somehow this “cutting back on sweets” thing didn’t work out like I’d anticipated.
So then I decided I’d just send them all to work with the Tall Boy in order to get them out of the house.
That didn’t work either, because I kept “forgetting” and then sneaking bites when no one was looking. Because here’s the thing: as much as I love the combination of chocolate and peanut butter, chocolate and mint is my ultimate favorite.
Fortunately, it’s also one of Doodle’s favorites, so he’s been bailing me out by eating almost as many of these as I have.
These were a fun little treat we threw together last week after the snow (finally) stopped and school was back in session. They took less than half an hour from start to finish, and my favorite part? No bake!
- 1 (10-ounce) package Thin Mint or other fudge-covered mint cookies
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 3/4 cup Andes Mint baking chips
- 5 ounces white candy-coating (like Candiquik)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- green food coloring (I used about 3-4 drops)
- Crush cookies into fine pieces using a food processor. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and Andes mint baking chips on high for about 1 minute, or until mixture is melted. Stir until smooth. Add mixture to crumbs, and mix until all cookie crumbs are moistened. Press crust into an 8 x 8 pan, pressing firmly. Freeze for at least 10 minutes.
- Microwave candy coating according to package directions. Stir until smooth. In a separate bowl, whisk cream cheese until smooth. Whisk in food coloring and flavoring until smooth. Add candy coating, and stir until smooth. Spread filling over crust. Decorate with sprinkles, if desired.
- Cut into 9 squares (3 rows of 3 squares each). Cut in half diagonally to make 19 triangles.
from Pampered Chef
Love chocolate and mint as much as I do? Here’s some other recipes you might like:
Chocolate Mint Thumbprint Cookies from Kitchen Meets Girl
Mint Brownie Grasshopper Pie in a Jar from Kitchen Meets Girl
Triple-Threat Grasshopper Mint Brownies from The Domestic Rebel
Chocolate Cupcakes with Mint Chocolate Chip Frosting from Sally’s Baking Addiction
Chocolate Mint Poke Cake from Crazy for Crust
Thin Mint Fudge Brownies from Inside BruCrew Life
Chocolate Mint Pretzel Bites from Shugary Sweets
50+ of the Best Chocolate Mint Recipes from Something Swanky