This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Success® Rice. They knew a busy mama like me can always use a few shortcuts in the kitchen. As always, my opinions are 100% my own, and yours may differ.
This Firecracker Chicken might possibly be my favorite dinner ever.
Sticky, sweet and spicy, this dish has the perfect blend of flavors. We love spicy foods at my house, and this recipe completely fit the bill. You can certainly adjust the spiciness-level based on your own preferences by adding a bit more brown sugar.
Or by serving it with a huge pile of white rice.
Typically we prefer brown rice at my house, but in this particular dish, I didn’t want the nutty flavor of brown rice competing with the flavors in my sauce. The pairing of white rice with the sweet and spicy sauce was perfect.
Like most of you, I’m usually in a rush to get dinner on the table, and once of my favorite shortcuts is using boil-in-a-bag rice. It’s so simple and easy – and Success Rice cooks perfectly every time and is ready in less than 10 minutes. It’s foolproof, is what I’m saying.
I don’t know about you, but foolproof is kind of a necessity in my kitchen.
While my chicken was in the oven, I boiled some water and cooked my rice…then left it covered on the stovetop for nearly half an hour while waiting for the chicken to finish baking. Even after that half hour, the rice was still fluffy and perfect.
Seriously guys, better than take-out.
- 2-4 tablespoons canola oil
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 pounds)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ⅓ cup hot sauce (I used Frank's)
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cut your chicken into 1-inch pieces while the oil heats. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Place the cornstarch in a gallon-sized ziploc bag, and add the chicken and seal, tossing to coat.
- Whisk the eggs together in a shallow bowl. Dip the coated chicken pieces into the whisked eggs, and place them in the hot skillet. Cook the chicken pieces for 1-2 minutes on each side, cooking until just browned. Place the chicken in a single layer in a 9x13 inch casserole dish.
- Mix the hot sauce, brown sugar, water, vinegar and salt in a medium bowl and then pour over the chicken in the baking dish. Bake for one hour, turning the chicken once to coat with the sauce.
- Serve over hot, white rice.
Success® Rice is the ORIGINAL no mess, no measure boil-in-bag rice that cooks perfectly every time and is ready in less than 10 minutes. The white and brown rice can sit for up to 30 minutes before being served, making it foolproof. You can visit www.successrice.com and Like the Success® Rice Facebook page for recipes and tips on how to make meal times easier & more fun!
With 4 varieties available including: Success® Whole Grain Brown Rice and Success® White Rice, and globally-inspired aromatic varieties of Success® Rice, including fragrant Thai Jasmine or Basmati Rice, there’s a variety everyone in your family will love. Try your own twist on one of your favorite recipes by swapping an aromatic variety into some of your go-to rice dishes. To accommodate various households, Success® Whole Grain Brown Rice and Success® White Rice comes in two different sizes – 14 oz. or 32 oz.
So what are you waiting for? Use this coupon for $.50 off your next box so you can add this staple to your kitchen pantry: http://bit.ly/YwIYtq
DON’T MISS A MEAL! RECIPES RIGHT TO YOUR INBOX!
Interestingly enough, I didn’t grow up with an interest in cooking. In fact, I informed my mother on multiple occasions that I was not getting an advanced education so I could spend my evenings preparing meals.
Grab My Cookbook!