This was not my planned post for today.
But last week, I was
totally wasting time on the internet and Pinterest doing important research on St. Patrick’s Day and related food-stuff, and I stumbled onto a recipe for homemade Bailey’s.
Yep, you heard me. Homemade. Bailey’s. As in Irish Cream. As in, be still my heart.
I was completely intrigued, which meant that I had to make it the very next day. You know, for research purposes. You know how I feel about homemade stuff–like eggnog, tortillas, summer sausage–typically you can’t go wrong with homemade anything, but I couldn’t imagine how this would turn out. I figured it would be okay, maybe even good. But fabulous? I couldn’t see it. Feeling like you’re swimming in a creamy chocolate heaven? No way.
So I dumped the ingredients into the blender, and literally thirty seconds later, I had the absolute best Bailey’s I’ve ever tasted. Ever.
If you like Bailey’s, you must make this right away.
I promise, you’ll thank me for it later.
And while you’re at it, use it to make this, would you? And then invite me over.
- 1 cup heavy cream (I used half-and-half, which worked just fine)
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1⅔ cup Irish whiskey
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons Hershey's chocolate syrup (I used extra dark)
- 1 t vanilla
- Blend all ingredients at high speed for 30 seconds.
- Refrigerate in a tightly sealed container. Shake before using.