Honey BBQ Chicken with Ranch Slaw
Busy nights ahead? Dinner is no problem with these easy Honey BBQ Chicken Sandwiches topped with Ranch Slaw. Just a few ingredients and a slow cooker is all you need for this family friendly meal!
School starts for us here on Tuesday – I can’t believe it. It seems like the summer just started, and now I’m busy packing backpacks and labeling school supplies like nobody’s business. But if you want to know the truth: I’m just a little bit excited.
Well, other than crying into my pillow that Doodle is starting the second grade (seriously…it seems like just yesterday I brought him home from the hospital, and now he’s be-bopping around like he’s big stuff), I’m looking forward to the routine of the school year again.
Since I work full-time, you wouldn’t think my schedule would change drastically during the summer (instead of school, Doodle’s been in karate camps most of the summer)…but between baseball and swimming and camps and regular karate classes and vacation and…well, you get the idea.
He has to go back to school for me to get any rest. 😉 Moms…you’re feeling me on this, right?
We’re busy even with our new back-to-school schedule. Karate on Monday and Wednesday evenings. Two more classes on Saturday. Homework folders on Monday evenings, with spelling tests on Wednesdays and Fridays and reading comprehension quizzes on Fridays.
Plus, Doodle’s already been asking about gymnastics classes. He wants to learn how to do flips in conjunction with his flying tornado kicks. I’m not sure how we’ll fit it all in, but somehow it seems less hectic than our summer.
So yeah. I’m going to be relying heavily on the slow cooker this fall – starting with this Honey BBQ chicken topped with Ranch Slaw. It’s such an easy meal – just pair it with a veggie and some fruit – and you have a tasty meal sure to please everyone at your table!
Tell me: what are some of your favorite slow cooker meals? I have a feeling I’m going to be giving mine a workout this fall, so I need lots of ideas!
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts
- 18-ounce bottle honey barbecue sauce
- ½ cup Italian salad dressing
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 14-ounce bag shredded cabbage mix
- ½ cup Ranch salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon dry Ranch mix
- In the bottom of your slow cooker, mix together the bottle of barbecue sauce, Italian dressing, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce. Placed chicken breasts on top and turn to coat.
- Cover, and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred. Return meat to cooker and warm back through with the sauce. Serve on your favorite hearty roll or hamburger bun.
- Mix cabbage, dressing and Ranch seasoning in a large bowl. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
DON’T MISS A MEAL! RECIPES RIGHT TO YOUR INBOX!
Interestingly enough, I didn’t grow up with an interest in cooking. In fact, I informed my mother on multiple occasions that I was not getting an advanced education so I could spend my evenings preparing meals.
Grab My Cookbook!