Granola used to be one of those things that I thought only health-conscious people ate, so of course, I was never really all that interested in it.
But then I realized you could add chocolate to it and now…well, now it’s a whole new ball game.
Plus, there’s honey in this granola, along with dark brown sugar, yogurt-coated raisins, and dried blueberries.
Brown sugar is just a mixture of sugar and molasses. However, dark brown sugar contains more molasses than light brown sugar. While light brown sugar has more of a delicate flavor, dark brown sugar has a more intense molasses flavor. I prefer using dark brown sugar, but you can use them interchangeably depending on your personal preference.
I actually made this granola to sprinkle on top of my grown-up, health-conscious Greek yogurt, but then Doodle got a hold of it and just straight-up ate it like popcorn.
I thought that was a pretty good idea.
- 2 large egg whites, at room temperature
- ½ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 3½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup yogurt covered raisins
- ⅓ cup dried blueberries
- Preheat oven to 325. Line a baking sheet with a silpat or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg whites, brown sugar, honey, oil and extract until smooth. Add oats and stir to coat. Spread onto your lined baking mat in an even layer.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until granola is golden, rotating pan halfway through. Remove pan from oven onto a wire rack. Sprinkle with white chocolate chips and stir to coat, allowing the chocolate to melt.
- Let the granola cool on the baking sheet. Once cool, break granola into chunks, and sprinkle in your raisins and dried blueberries.
10 EASY SLOW COOKER MEALS RECIPE BOOK
Interestingly enough, I didn’t grow up with an interest in cooking. In fact, I informed my mother on multiple occasions that I was not getting an advanced education so I could spend my evenings preparing meals.
Grab My Cookbook!