Holy margarita, guys, it’s Friday again–already!
I know, I just gave you a margarita recipe last week, but bear with me…this one tastes just like pie, and I couldn’t keep it to myself. It’s too good not to share. In fact, I have a feeling I’ll be “sharing” these a lot this summer. With my hips and thighs, that is.
We’ve been spending a lot of time already this year on our patio and grilling out–the weather is so nice here right now–and there isn’t much that I enjoy more. The yard, plants, and trees are green and lush, not yet having succumbed to the brutal Kansas summer heat, and we can still spend the evenings lazing on the patio without fear of heat stroke.
This might actually be my new favorite warm weather drink. It’s sweet enough for sugar-loving me, yet with just the right amount of tartness. And, with a graham cracker rimmed glass, I feel like I’m drinking my dessert. Perfect!
- 6 ounces tequila
- 6 ounces sour mix
- 2 ounces triple sec
- 3 tablespoons key lime curd
- juice of ½ a lime
- whipped cream and graham crackers for garnish, if desired
- In a blender, combine liquids and key lime curd, and pulse to combine.
- Add ice--about three handfuls, or so--and mix until desired consistency is reached.
- Pour into a glass rimmed with crushed graham crackers, if desired. Top with whipped cream and extra graham crackers if you want to be extra bad. =)
Have a wonderful weekend!