Happy Friday everyone!
Welcome to my new blog section–
Growing up, I was always super excited for Friday nights. After school and work, my family and I would gather around the table with a fun drink and snacks (um, a “fun” drink for me back then constituted Coca-Cola out of a can) and chat about our week. It was a great time to just spend together as a family (at least until I was a teenager, and then suddenly it became lame), and the Tall Boy and I continue that tradition now.
Anyway, if you’re like we are, and take time at the end of the week to just relax in the company of family and friends, I hope you’ll join me on Fridays to share ideas. And if cocktails aren’t your thing, don’t worry–I’ll try to offer non-alcoholic alternatives, as well as fun finger foods–you know me, I like to eat!
For a non-alcoholic version, swirl a small bit of Hershey's syrup around the inside of a clear glass (just to make it pretty). Rim your glass with chocolate milk and dip in graham crackers. Add chocolate milk and just a bit of cream. Float marshmallows, crackers and cocoa on top.
- 1.5 ounces marshmallow vodka, plus some for rimming
- .5 ounces chocolate liqueur
- 1 ounce cream
- graham crackers, cocoa powder and marshmallows, optional
- Using a bit of the vodka, rim your glass and dip into crushed graham crackers.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the vodka, liqueur and cream. Shake and pour into your glass.
- Garnish with marshmallows, crushed graham crackers, and cocoa powder.