Miniature S’mores Pie
Summer screams s’mores, yes?
Or in our case, it screams miniature s’mores pies.
Traditional s’mores are ooey, gooey, and super messy – which is what is part of the fun. However, I have a kiddo who came home from camp twice last week with a completely destroyed t-shirt, and informed it was caused by a “yogurt tube blowout.”
Messy is his middle name, which equates to lots of laundry for mom.
So, we decided to go the non-traditional, less messy route, and make miniature s’mores pies. These are perfect for little hands!
They are also perfect for portion control, if you’re like me and want a taste of the sweet stuff, but not all of the calories that go along with it. The hard part is stopping at just one. 😉
- 1 refrigerated Pillsbury pie crust (1 crust out of a 2-crust box; or you can make your own)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 graham cracker squares, crumbled
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350. Using a 2.5 inch round cookie cutter, cut out circles in your pie crust. Re-roll the scraps and cut out additional circles. I was able to get about 15 circles from one pie crust. Press circles into the wells of a mini-muffin tin, and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until crust turns a light golden brown.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, melt butter and allow it to cool slightly. Mix in graham cracker crumbs, chocolate chips and marshmallows.
- Remove mini pie shells from the oven. Carefully spoon s'more mixture into each shell. If needed, add a few additional marshmallows and/or chocolate chips to the tops as desired.
- Place filled shells back in the oven for about 3 minutes, or until marshmallows start to brown. If needed, place under the broiler for 1 minute. But keep a close eye on these - it won't take them long to melt.
DON’T MISS A MEAL! RECIPES RIGHT TO YOUR INBOX!
Interestingly enough, I didn’t grow up with an interest in cooking. In fact, I informed my mother on multiple occasions that I was not getting an advanced education so I could spend my evenings preparing meals.
Grab My Cookbook!