I used to hate stuff in jars.
Seriously, people would give me those bean soup in a jar gifts at Christmas, and they’d stay, unused in my pantry…well, forever. Let’s face it, back then I wasn’t really into the homemade gift thing, especially when it required me to actually do something in the kitchen. Don’t give me oatmeal cookie mix in a jar, okay? I just want the cookies. Baked, done, and ready to stuff in my pie-hole.
I don’t know, I’m an enigma even to myself.
What happened to the days when I was 100 percent proof positive I was going to marry a guy who cooked, so I could stay out of the kitchen?
I had no desire to cook. At all. Not even a little bit.
Now I’m preparing individual-sized desserts in a jar and posting them on the internet. I’m not sure what to say about this.
Except that grasshopper pie in a jar is really, really good.
Especially when you use brownies for the crust. Brownies that are chunked with mint chips. ‘Cause, you know, a regular cookie crust just isn’t fattening enough for me.
- 1 box fudge brownie mix, plus ingredients on box (8x8 size)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup Andes Mints, chopped
- 1 container Cool-Whip
- 7 ounce jar marshmallow fluff
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- green food coloring
- wide-mouthed canning jars, 1/2 pint size
- Prepare brownies as instructed on package, mixing in Andes mints.
- After brownies have cooled completely, remove from pan and crumble into a large bowl. Press crumbled brownie mixture inside of your canning jars, along the bottom. Place in freezer for approximately 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix together your marshallow fluff, cool-whip and peppermint extract. Add green food color until desired shade is reached.
- Spread filling mixture inside jars and freeze, approximately two hours.
- Just before serving, top with whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and chopped Andes mints.
- Makes approximately 6 jars.
I’m linked up at these great parties this week: Crazy Sweet Tuesdays, Trick or Treat Tuesdays, Tasty Tuesdays, Totally Tasty Tuesdays, Cast Party Wednesday, Sweet Treats Thursday, Mrs. Fox’s Sweets, Kitchen Fun with My 3 Sons, Itsy Bitsy Paper, Crumbs and Chaos, and I’m Lovin’ It Fridays!