Holy smokes, how is it almost 2013?
You guys are all probably way cooler than I am and are either: (A) hosting a party; or (B) attending a party for New Year’s Eve. The Tall Boy and me? We’ll probably be chillin’ in the basement in front of the fireplace, watching football, and playing Battleship with Doodle. Yeah, we’re really party animals here.
Also? I might have a glass or two of this easy peach Bellini party punch.
Traditionally, Bellini’s are made with peach puree, and often contain quite a bit of sugar. I don’t know about you, but after the sugar-induced food coma I ate myself into over the holidays, I needed to tone the sugar intake down a bit.
These Bellini’s are light, crisp, and cool–and a little more figure friendly as we head into the new year.
What are your plans?
- 2 ripe peaches, halved, peeled and sliced
- 2 Sweet 'n Low packets
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 bottle prosecco or other sparkling wine (I used a Moscato, since that is what I had on hand)
- 2 tablespoons peach schnapps
- In a blender, combine peaches, sweetener, and lemon juice. Puree until smooth. Pour into a small bowl and cover with plastic wrap, pressing against the surface of the puree to prevent browning. Refrigerate until cold, up to two days.
- Combine puree, sparkling wine, and schnapps in pitcher and stir to combine. Fill champagne glasses with ice and pour mixture over ice.
from Weight Watchers Healthy and Happy Celebrations
P.S. – You might like these recipes, too:
Peach Pie Smoothie
Frozen Blueberry Lemonade
Coconut Mango Smoothie
Disclosure: This compensated post is part of a DailyBuzz Food Tastemaker program with Sweet’N Low. However, any thoughts and opinions I’ve shared here are my own.