Peppermint Malted Hot Chocolate
Let me tell you about Kansas weather.
Last Saturday, it was nearly 80 degrees and I was out running errands in capri pants and flip-flops.
Sunday we had out our winter coats, gloves, and scarves.
A nearly 50 degree temperature change in less than 24 hours.
And along with the cold weather? A cough and congestion for Doodle–who subsequently informed me that, “Grammie made me hot chocolate and it made my cough go away for awhile.”
So guess what I’ve been making the last few evenings?
I’m a huge hot chocolate fan, and it is sooooo easy to make these fun, special drinks at home–and they are so much cheaper than the $4+ drinks at Starbucks.
And quite honestly, this tastes even better.
- 1 cup milk (I used 2%, but half-and-half would be awesome if you're not worried about calories)
- ⅓ cup powdered malted milk (like Ovaltine or Carnation)
- 1 tablespoon Andes peppermint chips
- 1 generous palmful peppermint marshmallows
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- whipped cream, if desired
- Combine milk, Ovaltine and peppermint chips in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally until peppermint chips are melted. Add in marshmallows and stir constantly until marshmallows are melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in peppermint extract. Pour into a mug and top with whipped cream and additional peppermint chips, if desired.
Have a wonderful Wednesday, and thanks for stopping by!
10 EASY SLOW COOKER MEALS RECIPE BOOK
Interestingly enough, I didn’t grow up with an interest in cooking. In fact, I informed my mother on multiple occasions that I was not getting an advanced education so I could spend my evenings preparing meals.
Grab My Cookbook!