Pork Tacos with Cilantro-Lime Salsa
I’m back with another slow cooker meal. Are you surprised?
And since Cinco de Mayo is just around the corner, I thought I’d Mexican it up a bit. Pork taco style.
You know I love my Mexican foods, so anytime I end up with shredded meat, it turns into tacos at some point. Quite frankly, I could eat tacos every.single.day. and never get tired of ’em, but maybe I’m just weird.
I could also eat an entire bag of tortilla chips and a jar of salsa every day, but that’s another story.
This pork was so tender that I had a difficult time getting it out of the crock pot – it just fell apart on its own! It was flavorful enough to stand on its own, and we certainly had enough meat to make multiple meals out of it. Fortunately, my husband doesn’t mind eating leftovers, so I got out of cooking for a few days. Bonus!
I loved the cilantro-lime salsa on these, and while I think adding some diced onion, green pepper, and/or jalapeños would be fabulous, I left them off simply because Doodle won’t eat something if it’s been in the approximate vicinity of even one of those things. If you don’t live with a picky eater, add ’em!
The recipe for these pork tacos came from my eMeals Slow Cooker meal plan, which I’ve been using a lot lately.
If you think your family would love the Slow Cooker Plan, use the code SLOW for 15% off!
- 4 pound boneless pork shoulder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- 1½ tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season pork with salt and pepper and cook until browned; about 5 minutes on each side. Remove from heat and transfer to your slow cooker.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients (through the red pepper flakes) to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until pork is tender.
- Combine slaw mix, cilantro, lime juice, oil, cumin and salt in a medium bowl, and toss to coat.
- Arrange shredded pork in tacos and top with salsa.
10 EASY SLOW COOKER MEALS RECIPE BOOK
Interestingly enough, I didn’t grow up with an interest in cooking. In fact, I informed my mother on multiple occasions that I was not getting an advanced education so I could spend my evenings preparing meals.
Grab My Cookbook!