Eek! Do you notice anything different around here?
I am so excited right now, I can’t even tell you. After being frustrated with a designer-challenged (that’s me, folks) theme and unpolished branding, I finally decided to get a blog makeover. And I am so, so glad I did.
I’ve been thinking about making some changes for a while, and in the little over a year that I’ve been blogging, I’ve learned a ton about the technical aspects of design. My old header, sidebar titles, and so forth were designed by yours truly, and I was quite proud of myself for figuring out how to do those things on my own (well, with the help of some really great tutorials from Ashton at Something Swanky).
But I had a bigger vision in mind, something that I knew I wouldn’t be able to tackle on my own. And let’s face it–I’m not a graphic designer; I know very little about HTML coding, and I really just want to show up to my pretty little piece of the internet and share my recipes.
Then last month while attending Online BlogCon, I stumbled on Vanessa over at Nifty Thrifty Things. My greatest apprehension to have a designer work on my blog was that I would not be able to translate what I had in my mind to someone else. However, Vanessa took all of my requirements and feedback and designed a site that was truly what I had envisioned–and is totally me.
I’m in looooooove! Hop on over to her site and tell her what a great job she did for me, would you?
You know what I’m also in love with? This pie. Cheesecake. Cheesecake pie. Whatever you call it, I could eat it all day long.
By the way, see the buttons in the left side-bar? The ones that say “What’s in Your Kitchen Wednesday” and “Featured On”? I’m going to give hosting my own linky party a go, starting next week. So please, come back then and link up some goodies, would you? And tell your friends so I don’t show up alone to my own party. 🙂
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick butter, melted)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon lemon juice, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup seedless raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Mix together graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter until well combined. Press mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and flour until smooth. Beat in sweetened condensed milk and 3 tablespoons lemon juice. Add egg; beat on low until just combined. Pour half of the filling into crust.
- In a small bowl, combine jam and remaining teaspoon lemon juice. Drop two-thirds of the mixture by teaspoonful over filling; use a knife to swirl through. Top with remaining filling and jam mixture. Swirl again.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until center is just set. Cool on wire rack for one hour. Refrigerate until chilled. Garnish with fresh raspberries, chocolate sauce and whipped cream, if desired.
Have a wonderful Monday, and thanks for stopping by!