I know, you’re probably wondering if you’re at the right blog today.
Don’t worry, I won’t stay on this healthy kick for long.
Actually, today might be it and then I’ll be over it.
I try to eat healthy, but I’m also of the opinion that adding fruit to baked goods automatically makes things healthy.
Please say I’m not the only one.
I know most normal people can eat “fruit salads” by just mixing a bunch of fruits together and calling it good. I don’t know–I try that, I really do–but after about three bites, I’m pretty much over it. And then instead of eating more fruit, I’m shoving pancakes or breakfast casserole in my face because I’m still hungry and the “fruit salad” is totally not filling the void.
But this fresh-fruit dish is a little different.
Mostly because it’s doused in a can of frozen pina colada mix. Quick, easy, and just enough extra flavor for me to forget I’m eating a big bowl of fruit.
And, if the Tall Boy didn’t have such an aversion to coconut, I would totally add shredded coconut to this. Is he weird, or what?
- 1 1/2 cups green grapes
- 1 1/2 cups red grapes
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1 8-ounce can pineapple chunks, drained, with juice reserved
- 10 can frozen non-alcoholic pina colada mix, thawed
- 1/8 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- Combine fruit in a large serving bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together pina colada mix, reserved pineapple juice, and extracts. Pour over fruit and toss to coat.
- Top with shredded coconut, if desired.
Have a great Monday!
I’m linked up at these great parties this week: Crazy Sweet Tuesdays, Trick or Treat Tuesdays, Tasty Tuesdays, Totally Tasty Tuesdays, Cast Party Wednesday, Whip it Up Wednesdays, Sweet Treats Thursday, Mrs. Fox’s Sweets, Kitchen Fun with My 3 Sons, Itsy Bitsy Paper, Crumbs and Chaos, I’m Lovin’ It Fridays, and Weekend Potluck!