Simple Cherry Cheesecake Pie
Graham cracker crust. Cool, creamy, lemony cheesecake filling. Sweet cherry topping. Whip up this simple cherry cheesecake pie in next to no time and with just as little effort. Your friends and family will thank you – if you choose to share, that is. 😉
I made this simple cherry cheesecake pie a few weekends ago after finding the little recipe card tucked away in my grandmother’s recipe box. In fact, I pulled out about a million recipes of hers that I plan to try over the next few months…and almost all of them are desserts.
Clearly, I come by my sugar addiction honestly.
Still on my healthy eating kick, I tried not to eat very much of this pie after I prepared it. Most of the taste-testing was conducted by the Tall Boy and Doodle, although I did sneak a bite or two. I had to walk out of the kitchen and dining room area while Doodle had his (large) serving; he got the slice I used in the photo. And of course he had to rub it in by saying, “Mom. Mom. This is like ten times better than anything you can buy at the store.”
Considering this comes from someone who typically gives most things I make a thumbs-down, this is high praise.
Of course, who could complain about simple cherry cheesecake pie?
I really do love just how simple this cherry cheesecake pie is to make – no baking required. Just a few ingredients and some chilling time, and you’re ready to go. Next time, I’m going to try it with blueberries; I think that will pair just perfectly with the hint of lemon in the creamy filling.
- 1 (9-inch) graham cracker crust
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (21-ounce) can cherry pie filling
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until fluffy. Gradually beat in the sweetened condensed milk until well combined.
- Stir in the lemon juice and vanilla extract with a rubber spatula to combine. Pour into graham cracker crust.
- Chill pie for at least 3 hours, or until set. Top with cherry pie filling before serving.
10 EASY SLOW COOKER MEALS RECIPE BOOK
Interestingly enough, I didn’t grow up with an interest in cooking. In fact, I informed my mother on multiple occasions that I was not getting an advanced education so I could spend my evenings preparing meals.
Grab My Cookbook!