Slow Cooker BBQ Lime Chicken
Busy nights coming your way? Let your slow cooker do the work and make these Slow Cooker BBQ Lime Chicken sandwiches – a simple, three ingredient meal that your whole family will love!
Not gonna lie – my slow cooker is the most used appliance/tool in my kitchen. There is nothing that I love more than to crank this bad boy on in the morning when I leave for work, and then to have dinner ready and waiting for me when I come home in the evening.
We make tacos of some kind practically every week, primarily because Doodle loves them but also because we’re just huge tex-mex fans around here. That, and I’m down for any excuse to eat chips and salsa. 😉
But sometimes I want something that’s not a taco and something that’s not a soup. Aaaaaaaaaaaaand, I also want something that takes absolutely no time or effort to put together.
Enter: Slow Cooker BBQ Lime Chicken
You need only three ingredients for these easy to make sandwiches! And before you weigh in to tell me that bottled BBQ sauce is compiled of long list of ingredients – here is a homemade barbecue sauce you can use instead. I enjoy making most things from scratch, but on busy evenings I’m all about shortcuts!
Serve these slow cooker BBQ lime chicken sandwiches with a side salad and some fresh fruit to round out your meal and you’ll be good to go!
- 16-ounce bottled barbecue sauce (or make your own)
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Combine barbecue sauce, lime juice, and zest in the bottom of your slow cooker. Whisk to combine.
- Add chicken, and turn to coat. Cover, and cook on high for 4-6 hours, or on low for 7-8 hours - or until chicken is no longer pick.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker to a plate, and shred with two forks. Return chicken to slow cooker and combine with barbecue sauce.
10 EASY SLOW COOKER MEALS RECIPE BOOK
Interestingly enough, I didn’t grow up with an interest in cooking. In fact, I informed my mother on multiple occasions that I was not getting an advanced education so I could spend my evenings preparing meals.
Grab My Cookbook!