These Snowflake Party Spoons are a fun way to serve snack-time sweets and are perfect for swizzling into warm winter drinks like hot chocolate!
I have a confession to make: I’m an addict. A sprinkle addict, that is.
I own a million and one different kinds of sprinkles. No joke. I have, at last count, three different baskets full of different colors, shapes, and sizes of sprinkles.
And every time I hit my local cake decorating store and/or Michael’s – especially during the holiday season – I come home with half a dozen new shakers of sprinkles.
So when the team at QuirkBooks asked me if I wanted to review Jackie Alpers new book Sprinkles, it was an offer I couldn’t refuse. I mean, this book is basically justification for all of those sprinkles that I own and love, and grounds for purchasing more.
This book is a sprinkle-lovers dream. It’s filled with all sorts of stunning ideas on how to incorporate color and fun into every day things – from the simple to extravagant.
Since I live with a 6-year old, we’re on the simple side of the spectrum. Doodle loved dipping these spoons in melted chocolate and sprinkling on blue and white snowflakes for an elegant winter look. These were perfect for mixing up our hot chocolate, although we might have tried out a few just straight off the spoon.
Want to win your own copy of Sprinkles? Scroll down for the details, below!
- 1 pound of your favorite chocolate
- 1 cup sprinkles - get creative and have fun!
- Line several baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpat. Arrange about 30 spoons on the sheets in even rows.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl for 60 seconds, stirring halfway through. Microwave at additional 15 second intervals, if necessary, stirring well to smooth out all lumps. Chocolate will burn easily, so don't overcook!
- Drop small spoonfuls of chocolate into each spoon, smoothing and spreading to fill the bowls of the spoons.
- Gently place toppings on top of chocolate. Let set for 1 hour. Store in an airtight container in a cool spot for up to 2 weeks.
How to enter:
Enter via the Rafflecopter form below. Sometimes the form takes a few minutes to load. You will need to login to the Rafflecopter form using your email address. Be sure to use an email address you check often, as that is how you will be notified if you win.
Open to U.S. residents only. You must be 18 years or older to enter. Giveaway runs through November 17, 2013. Winner will be notified via email within 48 hours of the end of the giveaway and has 48 hours to respond to said email or a new winner will be chosen.