Strawberries and Cream Dessert Pizza
I’m still looking for ways to use up my fresh berries…and this Strawberries and Cream Dessert Pizza definitely fit the bill.
This recipe was super easy, which – after the week we had at our house – I definitely needed. I also needed sugar. 😉
I’m feeling a little stressed this week, since Doodle’s birthday party is Saturday and I haven’t really started to get organized yet at all. Normally, I’m on top of things when it comes to party planning, but the time is slipping away fast. How is already July?
Speaking of party planning…we’re smack-dab in the middle of Wimbeldon. While I don’t know much about tennis, I do know that strawberries and cream and Wimbeldon go hand in hand–so I decided to make a festive and easy party treat.
I’ll use any excuse to make party foods. 😉
Summer berries are my favorite, and putting them on top of a sugar cookie smeared with cream cheese and white chocolate?
For this recipe, I used one 16-ounce roll of pre-prepared sugar cookie dough, but you may use any sugar cookie dough recipe you wish. I baked mine in a cast-iron skillet, but if you don’t have one, no worries: just use a 9 x 13 pan instead.
- 1 batch of your favorite sugar cookie dough (approximately 16 ounces)
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1 (8-ounce package) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup strawberry jam or strawberry glaze
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350. Press sugar cookie dough into a 10-inch cast iron skillet or a 9x13 inch pan. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the dough is light golden brown. Allow the cookie to cool completely.
- In small microwave-safe bowl, melt white baking chips uncovered on high for 45 to 60 seconds or until they are melted and can be stirred smooth. In medium bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Stir in melted chips until blended. Spread mixture over crust.
- Mix the 3 cups of sliced strawberries into the jam and spread over the top of the cream cheese filling. Refrigerate until ready to serve. This pizza is best eaten the same day.
This post is written in association with Ladbrokes Bingo, but all opinions are 100% mine.
DON’T MISS A MEAL! RECIPES RIGHT TO YOUR INBOX!
Interestingly enough, I didn’t grow up with an interest in cooking. In fact, I informed my mother on multiple occasions that I was not getting an advanced education so I could spend my evenings preparing meals.
Grab My Cookbook!