Sugar-Crusted Raspberry-Blueberry Muffins
I hadn’t planned on posting this weekend, but here’s what happened.
I woke up at 5:00 am Saturday morning and couldn’t get back to sleep.
And instead of being productive, and say, starting housework or laundry, I decided to bake these:
Why? Because I was hungry, I had all the ingredients, and I hadn’t yet had enough caffeine to talk myself into cleaning the bathrooms. Also, I was irritated I actually had a morning to sleep in and couldn’t do it.
Baked goods make me feel better.
Recipe: Sugar-Crusted Raspberry-Blueberry Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini-chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup raspberries
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 3/4 cups of the flour, 1/2 cup of the sugar, the baking powder, and salt. Add the butter and combine.
- In a second bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, and vanilla.
- Gradually add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just combined; the batter will be lumpy.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Toss the berries with the remaining flour in a bowl. Gently fold the berry mixture into the batter.
- Fill each muffin cup 3/4 full and sprinkle the batter with the remaining sugar.
- Bake at 400 for 15 to 17 minutes; makes 12 muffins.
Recipe adapted from Real Simple
DON’T MISS A MEAL! RECIPES RIGHT TO YOUR INBOX!
Interestingly enough, I didn’t grow up with an interest in cooking. In fact, I informed my mother on multiple occasions that I was not getting an advanced education so I could spend my evenings preparing meals.
Grab My Cookbook!