There are three things I want to tell you about this Szechuan Orange Chicken:
1: It tastes even better than take-out;
2: It’s super quick and easy – I’m talking less than 30 minutes from start to finish; and
3: It has less than 300 calories per serving – including the rice!
This Szechuan Orange Chicken turned out amazing – just mix up a quick sauce using fresh ginger, garlic, orange juice, soy sauce, and sesame oil, and you’ll never be tempted to spend those extra calories on take-out again. Load up your dish with some broccoli and carrots, and you can feel good about eating it, too.
I love healthy meals that don’t taste healthy, don’t you?
Let’s talk about the rice for a minute, okay? I’m like most of you – I have a super busy weeknight schedule, and very little time to get healthy dinners on the table. That’s why I love using Minute Rice. Seriously, I use Minute brown rice at least once a week. It has the same nutritional values as regular long cooking brown rice, but it is ready in just 10 minutes – just one-quarter of the time of regular brown rice. It’s my go-to side dish for weeknight meals, and I always keep a box on hand in my pantry.
Did you know both Minute Brown and Minute White are also gluten free?
While my chicken and veggies were sautéing, I quickly boiled up some water and cooked my rice. In less than half an hour, I had a tasty, healthy dinner on the table for my family. Who needs take-out when you can eat like this?
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast, sliced into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy-sauce, divided (I use reduced sodium)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or more, if you like it spicy. 1/4 teaspoon was just enough to give this some flavor, but not enough to add any real heat)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 to 3 carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 cups Minute brown rice, prepared according to package directions
- While your rice is cooking, combine chicken, orange zest, 1 tablespoon cornstarch and 1 tablespoon soy-sauce in a large bowl. Toss to coat.
- In a small bowl, combine orange juice, chicken broth, honey, sesame oil, pepper flakes, the remaining 2 teaspoons cornstarch, and remaining soy sauce. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon canola oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add chicken mixture and stir fry until lightly browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Return skillet to heat and add remaining 1 teaspoon canola oil. Add ginger and garlic, and fry until fragrant, about 15 seconds. Add broccoli and carrots and cook until broccoli is bright green, about 2 minutes longer. Pour in your reserved orange juice mixture and bring to a boil. Cook until thickened - about 1 minute. Add chicken and cook until heated through.
- Serve with brown rice.
from Tastier Than Takeout
Minute® Rice is so quick and easy to prepare and is great pantry staple. When meal time seems like a hassle, Minute® Rice is a go-to ingredient your whole family will love and allows you to have more quality time doing what your want with your loved ones.
Leftover rotisserie chicken or veggies from a meal earlier in the week? Minute® Rice can easily be paired with some of your leftover ingredients to make a quick, easy and wholesome meal your whole family will love in just a matter of minutes.
Visit http://www.minuterice.com/ to create a great main meal or side dish for your next family get-together or potluck.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Rice. All opinions are my own.