The Creamiest Mashed Potatoes You’ll Ever Eat
Butter. Cream Cheese. Half-and-half. Feta Cheese.
Do you need any other reason to eat these potatoes?
How about bacon?
If that doesn’t do it for you, I just don’t know what to say.
Give these a try on your holiday table this year–your friends and family will love ’em. Added bonus? They come together very quickly, and can easily be prepared in advance.
My family prefers to leave the skin on our potatoes, but feel free to peel yours if you prefer. I like to pretend that the health benefits of eating potato skins cancels out the remainder of the ingredients in this recipe. 🙂
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2½ pounds red potatoes, scrubbed and cubed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter (1 stick), cubed
- ½ cup half-and-half
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup feta cheese
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- Place garlic on a double-thickness of heavy-duty foil. Drizzle with oil and wrap foil around garlic. Bake at 425 for 15 to 20 minutes or until softened. Allow garlic to cool.
- Meanwhile, place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and allow potatoes to cook until tender, approximately 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add softened garlic, butter, cream cheese, half-and-half, salt and pepper to potatoes. Use a whisk attachment of a stand mixer (or a potato masher)to cream potatoes. Stir in feta cheese, bacon and 2 tablespoons parsley. Sprinkle with remaining parsley before serving.
Have a great Wednesday! And yikes–Thanksgiving is in just over two weeks. Anyone else freaking out over that??
10 EASY SLOW COOKER MEALS RECIPE BOOK
Interestingly enough, I didn’t grow up with an interest in cooking. In fact, I informed my mother on multiple occasions that I was not getting an advanced education so I could spend my evenings preparing meals.
Grab My Cookbook!