White Chocolate Blueberry Crunch Bread
I have this annoying weekend habit.
I. Cannot. Sleep. In.
No matter what I do, how late I stay up…6 am rolls around and I’m wide-awake.
Every single weekend.
The worst part is that I’m fairly certain on a weekday morning when I have to be up and around and to my real-life job I’d have no problem sleeping well past my alarm. What gives?
Since the Tall Boy and Doodle are late sleepers, I typically use the early weekend mornings to
make a mess create in the kitchen. And usually by the time my guys are awake, I’ve eaten most of the evidence.
I had a really hard time not digging into this bread before the rest of my family woke up last Sunday. Blueberries…white chocolate…brown sugar…can you blame me?
This sweet bread has a very cake-like texture, but with the addition of the fresh blueberries, I consider it a very appropriate breakfast food. Hey, if coffee “cake” is a breakfast food, then so is this, right? Also, my theory is that the oats in the crunch topping cancel out the fact that I threw in a (rather large) handful of white chocolate chips.
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 3-ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons oats
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In the bowl of an electric mix, cream ¼ butter and cream cheese on medium speed. Add sugar, beating about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Combine 2 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- Gently fold in blueberries and white chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Stir together brown sugar and remaining ingredients. Sprinkle over batter and bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 15 minutes on a wire rack before removing from pan.
10 EASY SLOW COOKER MEALS RECIPE BOOK
Interestingly enough, I didn’t grow up with an interest in cooking. In fact, I informed my mother on multiple occasions that I was not getting an advanced education so I could spend my evenings preparing meals.
Grab My Cookbook!