Hi everyone! I’m on a family vacation this week–after a super crazy summer, we really needed some time away. But, what’s really cool for you guys is that I have some super awesome friends here guest posting for me while I’m gone.
My girl Lisa blogs over at Wine and Glue, and she’s just about the sweetest person you’ll ever meet. She does oodles of cool stuff, from Rainbow Heart Cakes to Cake Batter Pudding Pops to Sidewalk Chalk Spray. Plus, she has a super awesome etsy shop! And today, she brought you these White Chocolate Graham Cracker Crusted Blondies. Aren’t you lucky? 😉
Take it away, Lisa!
Hi Kitchen Meets Girl readers!! I’m Lisa from Wine & Glue and I could not be happier to be here! I blog about all sorts of things from how I spent an afternoon pretending I could sew and making dolls and hooded towels to adventures of motherhood to crazy baking adventures like these White Chocolate Graham Cracker Crusted Blondies!
I originally made these around Easter time when the store had these most amazing white chocolate Hershey’s eggs.
The big white hunks of white chocolate with the soft chewiness of the blondie and graham cracker crust is pretty amazing.
That said, you could absolutely sub in some white chocolate chips, and they would also be super delicious.
But I shall warn you . . .
This is one of those recipes where you tell yourself you are just going to have a little sliver, because you know, little slivers contain like .27 calories . . . and then 82 slivers later you’ve eaten the whole pan.
But, hey, that’s cool! Because if you do the math, .27 times 82 really isn’t that many calories.
So sliver away peeps!
White Chocolate Graham Cracker Crusted Blondies
- 10 graham crackers
- 6 TBSPs butter, melted
- 2 1/2 TBSPs sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tsps vanilla extract
- 1 10 oz bag of Hershey’s Candy Coated White Chocolate Eggs, half of them chopped (or all of them briefly pulsed in a food processor) (Or 10oz of white chocolate chips)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Crush the graham crackers in a food processor (or in a zip lock bag with a rolling pin). Combine with sugar and melted butter and press into a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Bake the crust for 15 minutes. It will start to smell very tasty.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- In a large bowl combine the sugar and butter. Then whisk in the eggs and vanilla. Add the flour mixture and gently stir in the white chocolate eggs.
- Using a spoon, top the crust with the batter, one scoop at a time, adding the scoops at different spots on the pan. Gently push the batter down so it is even. If you add the batter the way you traditionally do, you will pull up the crust and everything will become a jumbled up mess.
- Bake for 25 to 28 minutes. Allow to cool for at least two hours before cutting into them.
- Try not to eat the whole pan.
Looking for more bar recipes?
Holy cow, YUM (um, that’s me, Ashley, saying that). Be sure to stop over and check out Lisa’s site and say hello! Happy Monday, friends!