Chocolate Chip Fluff Pie
This Chocolate Chip Fluff Pie is perfect for easy summer entertaining – with cream, marshmallows, and chocolate chips, you can’t go wrong!
Lately, I’ve been going through my grandmother’s old recipes, and I spotted this quick and easy recipe for Chocolate Chip Fluff Pie. Truth be told, I’m not much of a pie-maker, but this one was so simple that I couldn’t resist trying it out.
You can certainly make your own graham cracker crust, but I went the easy route and bought the ready made crust in the baking aisle. Since I was just making this pie for my little family of three for the long-weekend, I didn’t need to go super fancy. 😉
With a ready-made crust, the prep time for this pie is a meager five minutes. Just allow for some chilling time, and you can have this pie ready to go in a flash! Even better, this Chocolate Chip Fluff Pie uses only a handful of ingredients – and you probably already have ’em in your kitchen.
First, melt approximately 30 mini-marshmallows in 1/2 cup of milk. While that is cooling, beat a cup of heavy cream until it’s thick and fluffy. Then you’ll fold in the marshmallow mixture, some vanilla extract (mint extract would be great also), and chocolate chips. Pour it into your crust and chill. That’s it!
I think this pie would be fabulous frozen also, although we couldn’t wait that long to dive in. 😉 Either way, this cold, fluffy pie is perfect for a hot summer day!
- 1 graham cracker crust
- ½ cup milk
- 30 mini-marshmallows
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract (or mint)
- ½ cup chocolate chips, plus more for garnish
- Combine milk and marshmallows in a microwave safe bowl and melt, at medium power, for 30 seconds or until melted. Stir until mixture is smooth. Set aside and allow mixture to cool.
- Beat 1 cup heavy cream on medium-high speed for 4 to 5 minutes, or until cream becomes thick and soft peaks form.
- Fold marshmallow mixture, vanilla, and chocolate chips gently into the cream. Spoon into crust, and chill several hours prior to serving. Top with additional chocolate chips, if desired.
10 EASY SLOW COOKER MEALS RECIPE BOOK
Interestingly enough, I didn’t grow up with an interest in cooking. In fact, I informed my mother on multiple occasions that I was not getting an advanced education so I could spend my evenings preparing meals.
Grab My Cookbook!