Easy Cheesy Turkey Chili Mac
This super quick Easy Cheesy Turkey Chili Mac comes together in 30 minutes with the help of Ragú Traditional Sauce.
I’m not sure how or when I got the idea stuck in my head that as soon as Doodle got a little bit older, things would get “easier” around my house. I mean, surely when you’re no longer sterilizing bottles or changing diapers, you end up with all kinds of free time on your hands, right? And bonus free time when your kiddo can get himself through the shower, into pajamas and teeth brushed all on his own. With all of this “extra” time, I can now sink into my favorite flower chair for a quiet 30 minutes after work. Maybe read a few pages of a good novel, casually sip a glass of red wine.
Other parents of school-aged children are probably chuckling as they read this.
In the approximate 30 minutes of “free time” I have after work, we’ve got to fit in first-grade homework, after-school snack, changing clothes (Doodle, not me), and driving to karate class. Four.nights.a.week. By the time we get home, it’s 6:45, and preparing a time-consuming meal is out of the question – not just because of my growling stomach, but for my sanity as well.
This Easy Cheesy Turkey Chili Mac can be on my table in just 30 minutes, and is a crowd-pleaser for parents and kids alike.
And despite our crazy schedules, we make it a priority to always sit down at the table and eat as a family. Ragú is one of those comfort foods for me – it brings me back to my own childhood, sitting around the table with my family, dishing about our day with a healthy, yummy meal.
Ragú has the authentic Italian taste that families love, and there is always a variety of great tasting, quick and easy to make family favorite recipes with it. Moreover, each jar of Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce is made with 11 juicy tomatoes, making it its richest, thickest recipe.
If you’re looking for more quick, easy and delicious recipes, visit Ragú on Facebook, and check out their wonderful dinner ideas.
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 2-3 garlic gloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- ¾ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. dried basil
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 (24-ounce) jar Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce
- 1 can (15-ounce) diced tomatoes
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 can (15-ounce) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used cheddar)
- Brown turkey with minced garlic in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes. Drain; then add in Italian seasoning, onion powder, basil, and red pepper flakes (if using). Sauté spices with the meat for about 30 seconds.
- Add Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce and diced tomatoes to the meat mixture and
- bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, and add macaroni and kidney beans. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until macaroni is tender. Stir occasionally.
- When the macaroni is tender, sprinkle with cheese, replace cover and let stand until cheese is melted.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) 18 years and older. Ends 5/6/14. To enter and for Official Rules, including odds, alternate method of entry, and prize descriptions, visit www.RaguSweeps.com. Void where prohibited.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Ragú®. The opinions and text are all mine.
10 EASY SLOW COOKER MEALS RECIPE BOOK
Interestingly enough, I didn’t grow up with an interest in cooking. In fact, I informed my mother on multiple occasions that I was not getting an advanced education so I could spend my evenings preparing meals.
Grab My Cookbook!