Gingerbread Drop Cookies
Hi! My name is Sue, of Munchkin Munchies, and I am so happy to be here with Ashley today on her fabulous blog! I’m sharing this cookie recipe today as part of a Virtual Christmas Cookie Exchange, organized by Liz of Hoosier Homemade and Becca of Crumbs and Chaos.
- ½ cup shortening
- ½ cup butter
- 1½ cup brown sugar
- 1½ tsp. baking soda
- 1½ tsp. ginger
- ¼ tsp. cloves
- ⅓ cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 3½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar (for coating)
- 1 cup gingerbread m&m’s
- In a stand mixer, cream together butter, shortening and brown sugar.
- Add each of the spices and mix.
- Add the molasses and the eggs and mix well.
- Add the flour and mix well.
- Add the m&m’s and mix on low until incorporated.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out the dough and place on cookie sheet, an inch apart.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes, until golden brown.
I hope you enjoy these fun, festive and tasty cookies!
10 EASY SLOW COOKER MEALS RECIPE BOOK
Interestingly enough, I didn’t grow up with an interest in cooking. In fact, I informed my mother on multiple occasions that I was not getting an advanced education so I could spend my evenings preparing meals.
Grab My Cookbook!