So, I know I said when I did my cake mix cookie post that I wasn’t really into baking, but that’s not entirely true. While I’m a much better cook than baker, I much prefer to eat baked goods than nearly anything else.
Well, except for ice cream. And artichoke dip. Any kind of Mexican food. Or pizza. Pretty much anything with cheese, or pasta, or–
Actually, I really just like to eat, and most of the time I’m not too particular. But I do really like baked goods, and if I ever expect to eat any of them around my house, I’ll have to be the one making them.
Because we’ve already established that my husband–the Tall Boy–doesn’t care much for sweets. Except for breakfast muffins.
And these are the bomb-diggity.
Are you ready? Get your ingredients:
In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
In a separate bowl, combine sugar, milk, oil, egg and extract.
Stir into dry ingredients until moistened.
Fold in peaches and pecans.
Fill muffin cups two-thirds full.
Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over batter.
Bake at 400 for 15 to 18 minutes.
Peach Praline Muffins - makes one dozen – (click to print)
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each: cinnamon and nutmeg
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1/2 cup chopped peaches
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
for the topping:
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine sugar, milk, oil, egg and extract. Stir into dry ingredients until moistened.
- Fold in peaches and pecans.
- Fill muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 400 for 15 to 18 minutes. Makes one dozen.