TBIM! Too Bad It’s Monday!
Like that saying? I’m so clever, I tell you what. It’s my new catch-phrase for the day. I’m thinking of copywriting it, but that would take time and work, and I think we’ve already established that I’m typically looking for ways to avoid work, not make more.
Mondays are always a bummer for me. Even though I do actually enjoy my “real” job, it’s a bit depressing to think about another five long days away from my little Doodlebug. He’s growing way too fast, and every moment away from him digs at my heart.
On the other hand, the nice thing about Mondays is the prospect of a whole new week–seven days to accomplish all sorts of important tasks. A clean slate. A fresh start. The chance to get things done; make progress; be productive.
And then I spot my never-ending, ever-growing mound of laundry; the piles of Hot Wheels overtaking my house; the sticky, juice-coated refrigerator door handle that I just cleaned and I realize any chance of productivity is a pipe dream.
Staying even is my goal these days.
Anyway, since I tend to console myself with food, I decided to make these:
And, as the law of Mondays go, things did not go as planned when I attempted to upload my pictures. I’m saving you from a long, drawn out story here, but believe me when I said I had some additional pretty pictures to show you. I’m lucky I ended up with these.
Cream Cheese Enchiladas – click to print
- 1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 12 medium flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small can sliced black olives
- Brown ground beef with onion and drain.
- Add seasonings and tomato sauce and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Spread cream cheese over tortillas. Roll up, and place in a 13×9 pan.
- Pour beef mixture over tortillas. Sprinkle with olives and cheese.
- Cover and bake 25 minutes at 375.
- Serve with shredded lettuce, sour cream, and jalepenos.