Football Sugar Cookies
So, this post really isn’t all that exciting; it’s just a few pictures of purple and white frosted sugar cookies. But the weekend I made these was one of the happiest of my life. This might tell you what kind of “exciting” life I lead…but really, I’m pretty easily satisfied, especially when it come to spending quality time with my two best guys.
See, the Tall Boy and I met at a tailgate party nearly 10 years ago, and we’ve been attending football games together ever since. Last weekend was our first time taking the Doodlebug with us, and it was pretty much heaven in a football stadium to me.
Doodle and I did the Wabash cannonball together, ate funnel cake, and yelled like maniacs on third down. It was awesome. Don’t tell the Tall Boy, but Doodle and I had a conversation about where he might attend college while we were waiting in the car at the gas station.
Anyhoo, in honor of Doodle’s first college football game, I felt compelled to make football cookies to take with us.
I always, always, use the Our Best Bites recipe for sugar cookies and their glace icing. Royal icing might look prettier, and I’ve frosted with it before also, but this is really my favorite. Want to know about my cookie-making attempts before finding these recipes? Not so pretty, I can promise you that.
Also, a HUGE thank you to Chandra at The Plaid and Paisley Kitchen for passing on this blog award to little ol’ me.
As a new blogger, and one who is pretty much technologically incompetent, this really made my day! If you haven’t seen Chandra’s blog, you really should check it out. She makes amazing food.
The rules of this award ask that I share seven random facts about myself, and pass the award on to 15 additional bloggers. So, here goes:
Seven Random Facts
I’m afraid of heights. Totally freaking-out, hyperventilating afraid. Really. I don’t even like to use a step-ladder, which can pose sort of a problem when you’re only 5′ tall. This is why I married the Tall Boy. Okay, one of the reasons I married the Tall Boy.
I’ve wanted to be a writer since I was in the first grade. I have a completed 400-page manuscript and have been to two national writing conventions.
I love crime dramas. If I was tougher, louder, more physically in-shape and not quite such a girlie-girl, I would have loved to have been an FBI agent.
Fall is my favorite time of year…and then when winter hits, I wear long underwear for three months straight.
I don’t like to sleep late; it feels like I’m totally wasting the day away. But I’m usually in bed (and asleep) by 9 pm.
I’m an only child.
The Tall Boy is my best friend.
Fifteen Awesome Blogs I Peruse Regularly – check ’em out!
- Fearless Homemaker – food and martinis? A gal after my own heart!
- Sugar and Spice and All Things Iced – awesome cookies and other goodies
- Barbara Bakes – take a look at Barbara’s culinary adventures
- The Open Fridge – good food and great hospitality
- Deelicious Sweets – um…yum.
- Reasons to Skip the Housework – find one (or two or twenty) here!
- Bake Your Day – expressing love for food, people and life
- The Sweets Life – sweet and savory eats
- The Farm Girl – where home cooked is simple and yummy
- Annie’s Eats – making your days taste better
- Ravie NomNoms – a girl, her blog, and lots of food pictures!
- Pure & Yummy – wholesome, tasty food, made from scratch
- Eat. Drink. Love. – the name says it all!
- Warm Vanilla Sugar – adding a little sweetness to your day
- A Little Less Meat – even meat lovers can find great stuff here!
By the way, this list is by no means exhaustive – I was allowed to choose only 15. Try to avoid licking your screen when checking out these wonderful foodies!
10 EASY SLOW COOKER MEALS RECIPE BOOK
Interestingly enough, I didn’t grow up with an interest in cooking. In fact, I informed my mother on multiple occasions that I was not getting an advanced education so I could spend my evenings preparing meals.
Grab My Cookbook!