One Bowl Blueberry Coffee Cake
Tender, moist coffee cake, loaded with blueberries and crowned with a crunchy cinnamon sugar topping. Best of all, this one bowl blueberry coffee cake comes together in just one bowl.
I’m a sucker for sweet breads along with my coffee in the mornings. I love that it is perfectly acceptable to bake a cake and as long as you serve it with coffee or juice, it can be categorized as breakfast. Add some fresh fruit and a little protein, and you are good to go.
You know that this one bowl blueberry coffee cake is good when my non-sweets eating husband scarfs down a huge piece, scrapes the plate clean, and goes back for more.
I especially loved it because it literally took me five minutes from start to finish to get into the pan, and I only had to dirty one mixing bowl. #winning
My family loves my blueberry cream cheese muffins, but I have to admit, they are a little bit time intensive to make. And sometimes when the weekends roll around, I’d really rather lounge around on the couch with my coffee and a good book than spend much time in the kitchen.
This cake is so light and fluffy, and just lightly speckled through with cinnamon. The blueberries bake through the cake, popping to form just the perfect amount of sticky sweetness. And that cinnamon sugar coating sprinkled on top? It bakes up to make a wonderful, crunchy topping to finish off the cake.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅔ cups butter, softened
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups blueberries
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, 2 cups sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, butter, milk, eggs and vanilla. Mix with an electric mixer on low speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Arrange blueberries on top of batter.
- Mix together ½ cup sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon and sprinkle over top of the blueberries.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
10 EASY SLOW COOKER MEALS RECIPE BOOK
Interestingly enough, I didn’t grow up with an interest in cooking. In fact, I informed my mother on multiple occasions that I was not getting an advanced education so I could spend my evenings preparing meals.
Grab My Cookbook!