If you know me at all, you know that I’m a girlie-girl.
As in, super girlie.
So, having a dirt-covered little boy sometimes causes me a little bit of anxiety.
I mean, I don’t really see why it’s neccesary to stomp around in dirt-caked shoes through my freshly vacuumed house, or to constantly ask me if I like spiders (saying I don’t would be a massive understatement). I’m getting used to the fact that this is the type of behavior I have to look forward to for the next fifteen years or so, and I’ve made my peace with it (at least for the moment).
Last week we got Doodle a new pair of tennis shoes, since his current pair had clearly seen better days. My mom and I suggested he keep the old pair for playing outside, and keep the new ones “nice,” at least until after our upcoming family vacation.
So the other day I stopped by my parent’s house after work to pick up Doodle, and he’d been out playing soccer and football in the yard with Granddad. He stopped when he saw me, looked down at his new shoes–still in fairly pristine condition for a four-year old–and said, “Uh, mom. I got some dirt on my Disney World shoes. I guess they are just shoes for my regular life.”
Clearly, my parenting-skills regarding the avoidance of dirt are paying off.
Anyway, if you’re looking for some fun spring cookies to make for your regular life, try these.
- 1 recipe sugar cookie dough, this one is my favorite
- food coloring
- sugar, for sprinkling
- Divide dough evenly among 3 bowls and tint dough by stirring in a few drops of food color.
- Shape 1/3 cup of each color of dough into a rope about 5 inches long and 1 inch in diameter. Place ropes side by side and a little more than 1/4 inch apart on floured surface; roll until 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut with cookie cutters so each cookie has 3 colors, and sprinkle with sugar.
- Place cookies 2 inches apart on a silpat or parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake according to your cookie dough directions, usually at 350 for 8 to 9 minutes.
inspired from Betty Crocker
I’m linked up at these great parties this week: Crazy Sweet Tuesdays, Trick or Treat Tuesdays, Tasty Tuesdays, Totally Tasty Tuesdays, Cast Party Wednesday, Sweet Treats Thursday, Mrs. Fox’s Sweets, Kitchen Fun with My 3 Sons, Itsy Bitsy Paper, Crumbs and Chaos, I’m Lovin’ It Fridays, and Weekend Potluck!