Spinach, Bacon, Mushroom and Gouda Quiche
And I don’t really even care for egg dishes.
I might make an exception for this one.
Really, you have to try it. Like, today. Now. Or tomorrow. This weekend. Whenever. But soon.
Recipe: Bacon, Spinach, Mushroom and Gouda Quiche
- Your favorite pie crust. I used this one.
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled into pieces
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup grated smoked Gouda cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- dash of grated nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- Prepare your crust and preheat oven to 350.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add onions and mushrooms; saute 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add spinach and saute 2 minutes.
- Add prepared bacon.
- In a large bowl, combine milk and remaining ingredients. Stir in spinach mixture and pour into crust.
- Bake at 350 for 50 to 60 minutes.
Cooking time: 55 minute(s)
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light
Microformatting by hRecipe.
DON’T MISS A MEAL! RECIPES RIGHT TO YOUR INBOX!
Interestingly enough, I didn’t grow up with an interest in cooking. In fact, I informed my mother on multiple occasions that I was not getting an advanced education so I could spend my evenings preparing meals.
Grab My Cookbook!