Perfectly Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
One you make these Perfectly Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies, you’ll never use another recipe again. Just like the name suggests: these cookies are perfectly soft, no chilling required, simply the BEST chocolate chip cookie around!
Pin it NOW to save it for later!
There’s just nothing better than a perfectly soft chocolate chip cookie warm and fresh right out of the oven. I’m not even going to tell you how many of these I “sampled.” They were so yummy and quite simply…everything a chocolate chip cookie should be, that once I ate one, I had to eat two.
Okay, maybe three, but who’s counting?
Fortunately, I pawned off what I could on Doodle and the neighbor boy while they were playing outside over the weekend. Doodle told me that his friend rated them a “10” out of “5” – and coming from a fifth grader, I’m considering that very high praise. I’m not trying to speed time up or anything, but one good thing about the teenage years is that I’m hoping Doodle and all his buddies will snarf down all of the baked goods I make before I have a chance to eat too much. 😉
These cookies are soft, thick, chunks of chocolate chips and buttery dough baked into a cookie just meant for a tall, cold glass of milk – a perfectly soft chocolate chip cookie that is my all time favorite cookie ever.
The next time you make a chocolate chip cookie, make it this one. I mean, if you’re going to bake a cookie – make it count! None of those teeny tiny little cookies, either. Make it big, make it insanely soft, and you’ll never regret it.
Also? This recipe makes totes enough to share, so you’ll have friends fo’ life!
- 1¼ cups granulated sugar
- 1¼ cups packed light brown sugar
- 1½ cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 4¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 18 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In the bowl of a large electric mixer, cream together granulated sugar, brown sugar and butter. Add in vanilla and eggs and beat to combine.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat to combine. Stir in the chocolate chips
- Drop dough by rounded spoonfuls (I used a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop) on an ungreased cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until just lightly golden brown. Allow to cool for one minute on cookie pan, then remove to cool completely on wire rack.
You might like these, too!
10 EASY SLOW COOKER MEALS RECIPE BOOK
Interestingly enough, I didn’t grow up with an interest in cooking. In fact, I informed my mother on multiple occasions that I was not getting an advanced education so I could spend my evenings preparing meals.
Grab My Cookbook!