Cranberries, oranges, pineapple and pecans are the perfect combination in this easy make and go Cranberry Orange Fluff.
This is the kind of holiday side dish that makes me nostalgic for childhood. My grandmother always made marshmallow fruit salads – but being the picky kid that I was, I wouldn’t eat them. Now just hand me a spoon and the serving bowl and I’m good to go.
And with the holidays just right around the corner and a million obligations jotted down on my calendar, I love having a go-to super easy dessert that I can make and take. The best part about this dessert (side dish? appetizer? We don’t discriminate at my family functions!) is that it takes only about 5 minutes to whip up, and just a little bit of refrigeration time.
This Cranberry Orange Fluff is the perfect sweet treat to make during the holiday season – the tartness of the cranberries combined with citrusy oranges are offset just perfectly with whipped cream. And of course, lots and lots of marshmallows.
Another great thing about this easy dump and go dessert is that it makes a ton – so it’s perfect for family gatherings, pot-lucks, or just around your own home. We love leftovers around my house, and Doodle LOVED having a little bowl of this in the evenings with his dinner. Hey, it does have fruit in it, so I didn’t feel too bad letting him eat it. 😉
- 1 (8-ounce) container whipped topping (I used Cool-Whip lite)
- 1 (20-ounce) container crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (11-ounce) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) whole cranberry sauce
- 2 cups mini-marshmallows
- ½ cup pecans, optional
- In a large bowl, combined whipped topping, drained pineapple and oranges, and cranberry sauce.
- Fold in marshmallows and pecans (if using).
- Refrigerate for 1 hour prior to serving.